New Resident Information
“Welcome to Ellendale” from the Ellendale Town Council.
Ellendale has a curfew; no person under the age of 18 years shall be out in the streets or public areas of Town between the hours of 10pm to 6am.
*See Curfew Ordinance # 201
The Town of Ellendale has its own Town Code and Zoning Ordinance in place. Some of the Town rules in these codes that may affect you are:
- Grass/Weeds cannot be above 6 inches, or you will be in violation.
- It is unlawful in the State of Delaware to sweep, rake, blow or otherwise place yard waste in a roadway.
- Snow must be off of sidewalks adjacent to your property within 2 hours after a snowfall.
- Properties need to be kept in clean, sanitary, safe condition, and remain trash and rodent free.
- Building Permits must be obtained for certain projects, including sheds, fences, pools, and other items. Please call Town Hall to find out if one is needed before you start.
- Business Licenses are REQUIRED to do ANY WORK in Town. Please make sure any business, individual, etc. has obtained their license before they do any work at your residence.
- Rental Licenses are REQUIRED before any property in Town is rented to a tenant, including family members.
- Parking is not permitted on the grass in front of any residence, including in the strip between the road and sidewalk, and vehicles cannot block any portion of the sidewalk.
- No inoperative or unlicensed motor vehicle can be parked or stored on any property unless it is kept within a structure or enclosed area.
- All dogs must be on a leash, they cannot be roaming free in town.
- Chickens, cows, horses, pigs, and any other farm animal or livestock, are prohibited on any property within the Town of Ellendale.
- No pets are allowed in the Town Park at any time.