Community Information

The Town is on a county-owned and operated sewer system.
Contact Sussex County on their website at  or by following the steps below:

How to Contact Sussex County With Questions and For Emergencies

To ask questions about how your Annual Service Charge or Annual Assessment Charge was computed, please call Utility Permits at (302) 855-7719
To inquire about your sewer bill, please call Utility Billing at (302) 855-7871.
To inquire about financial assistance, please call Utility Billing at (302) 855-7871
Once you are connected to the sanitary sewer, if you experience a service related problem, please call the appropriate number listed below
Monday through Friday (except holidays) from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., please call (302) 855-7730
Weekends, holidays & after hours, please call (302) 855-7379


The Town has individual wells except for the Ingram Village neighborhood, which has central water from Artesian.


Delmarva Power services the Town at this time.
Contact them at

Trash Collection/Recycling:

The Town lets its residents choose their own company for trash collection/recycling at this point. 

Ellendale Tax Information
Tax Collector: Aaron Moore-Treasurer    
Phone: (302) 422-6727

Tax Payment Mailing Address:
Town of Ellendale
P.O. Box 6
Ellendale, DE 19941

Tax Year runs – June 1-May 31
Tax Due Date: May 31st 
Tax Rate: $2.00 per $100.00 of Sussex County Assessed Value (1974)
Penalties/Late Fees: 1% per month plus a $25.00 late fee

Rental Licenses for Rental Properties are billed separately from your tax bills. The fee is $125.00 per year. For more information see Rental License Agreement Ordinance # 12-02-07-2 and these following documents: Rental License Application

Residents in Ellendale town limits pay Town and County taxes.